Friday, April 2, 2010

Guilty of Entrapment


How do I plea? Guilty your Honor
I've gone against all my inner-light once again
My beautiful flame within is flickering  smaller by the hour
Send me down with the remaining inner-conflicting men

As the dark doorway nears I realise how lost I truly am
No bailiffs here to drag me down, I'm struggling only with me
Hurting all I know and whom love me back
But ultimately I'm the one who aches, looses, pays the fee

Once thought I was getting better but in the shadows it seems I'm getting worse
Am I so blind that I just simply can't see?
I don't understand how I'm consciously creating such a monster
When there is a truly remarkable being within me

Hopefully now that I've served my time and out on parole
I'll realise that the good is emerging from the dirty container I'm gradually cleaning
And all that is my darkness is now slowly fading away
Leaving only my soul; Myself. Towards which I promise to be loving and forgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment